Forsyths commenced operations in Armidale in 1921 trading as WS Forsyth & Co. For almost sixty years WS Forsyth & Co remained a family operated business.
In 1980, the last family member, WR Forsyth retired and a merger took place with local accounting firm, Rice and Kachel. After the merger, the company adopted the name Forsyths.
In 1991 Forsyths merged with the Tamworth KPMG office and in 1992 merged with Hall Done creating an organisation of over 50 people. In February 2003, the Coonabarabran office of a Sydney based firm, Stafford & Partners, joined the Forsyths Group and in July 2003 the firm purchased the Ormiston & Mason client base in Gunnedah.
In July 2008, the firm acquired the business of Kim Collins & Associates in Tamworth and in July 2012 merged with the Gunnedah firm, Paul & Brett Services, creating today’s business which has over 100 team members.
In recent years, Forsyths have expanded into the specialised areas of financial advisory, superannuation and business management as well as developing core areas of tax, accounting, audit, assurance and insolvency.
Today, Forsyths is one of the largest finance and business advisory firms operating in regional NSW.